Access AfterSchool takes pride in working with some of the most talented and innovative teachers in our communities. Our dedicated team of professionals is integral to providing unique, engaging and high-quality programs for our students.
Interested in teaching for Access AfterSchool? Let us know by filling out the form below. A member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible.
Instructor’s Memorable Moments
- A hug from a former student.
- My favorite part of BoostCamp this year was watching a student successfully write his name in cursive during an enrichment class. He had been trying so hard and finally was able to do it. To observe that was so rewarding.
- Loved seeing the students faces as they listened to themselves reading their poems on the radio!
- When I heard the kids talking about how they liked the food they made and they also said they made some of the food at home after the class.
- Our students completed maintenance work on the corridor of the Squirrel Trail in Rifle Falls State Park. We completed this in just 3 weeks! We were lucky to have such hard working and energetic students. We also began work on the Bobcat Trail, which was completed just a week later by another student group. Boost Camp gave us the strong start we needed to complete that project.
- One student that I found to be particularly memorable. He was the smallest in the entire class, and seemed like a quiet child. However, despite this, whenever I came around to check his progress with responding to the creative writing prompt, he was always full of ideas and many lines had already been filled. While I believe all of my students have potential, I think he had something special.
- I just like having more fun with students. The regular year is so rigid, it is nice to have more laid back time.
- Two kids who didn’t want to speak on the radio ended up doing it and sounding great!
- The field trips each Friday and to the library were positive experiences for the kids.